Ladies and gentlemen, I have been a Vegas showgirl for one month! It’s laughable when some girls in the show have been there for years… but I am still standing! On two feet! What a whirlwind month it has been! This show is absolutely amazing and I am so happy to be here. Everyone in the cast is wonderful and I’m looking forward to getting to know them better.
Things I have learned so far as a Las Vegas Showgirl:
1. 1,300 stairs a night hurts a lot. The arch of my foot had really started to bug me and I was worried I really seriously injured it. Luckily, with lots of stretching, ibuprofen, and many different foot pads, the pain is gone! I am sure in time it will be a normal “i climb up and down 1300 stairs every day with 15 pounds on my head/back, so my feet hurt” kind of thing. But thankfully its not a “omg i cant even walk kinds of pain.”
2. When my friends and family come to visit, I am not allowed to be on vacation like them. I have had at least one guest a week at my show which I think is phenomenal! I am so happy to have friends and family in the audience. It really brightens my day! haha. And while they ask me out to drinks, dinner, breakfast, etc, I really am not allowed to EAT like I am on vacation. Me and my fam, we love to eat. But if I eat what i NORMALLY do in HB….I will NOT repeat will NOT fit into my diamond g-strings. 😉 My dad kept telling me to get through the plate of nachos and to make sure I was eating. It was not a good show night.
3. Vegas clubs suck. I have yet to experience an AWESOME club scene here on The Strip. Maybe i am old, or over it, or just classy, ;), but I hate the clubs. I love dancing with friends, but man oh man, the desperate chicks in tight dresses are hilariously terrible. The even more desperate guys are gross. And im not a fan of being in a small cramped space, with LOUD music, and having nasty vodka drinks spilled drunkenly down my back. Ew.
4. Topless pools are fun and awesome. Nuff said about that.
5. Being a dancer is the best job in the world. I know my non-profit buddies may be reading this blog right now, so, love you guys and my job back home, but being a Vegas Showgirl is rad. I feel so lucky to be sitting in the dressing room next to the most amazing, talented women in the world. I have so much to learn, but I still feel like…I made it! It’s a great feeling to love going in to work every day. Even though I did that back in HB, this is the big time, and I still love it. I perform for two huge audiences a night in elaborate jewels, feathers, and costumes that have been passed down through generations. Sitting at a computer does not compare to the lights, the makeup, the glamor. Sorry, but Im not sorry, I have the best job in the world.
Thanks for reading! Come see my show!